-----Take your library wherever you may go!
Two Library Books may be checked out for 2 weeks at a time.
Bring previously checked out books when you come for "Curbside pickup."
Handle all books gently and keep in a safe place, so others may enjoy them too.
Email Ms. Hall if you have any questions, observations or suggestions. email@example.com
Read, Read, Read.... because the more you read, the better you read, and the more fun it is to read!
Ms. Hall, Your Librarian
Read Aloud via ZOOM and/or Recordings
- Time: 8:30am until "a good stopping place," about 20-22 minutes. These sessions will be recorded so you could watch at a later time, before the next day's reading.
- How: There will be live ZOOM links for 6-8 books you can choose and tune in on your chromebook. Visit our Virtual "County-wide Read Aloud" presentation below to choose the book you would enjoy.
- Who: Reading specialists, librarians, and friends, including Ms. Hall, will be reading to you.
- My next book will start on October 5th! It's "Brotherhood" by A.B. Westrick see the information below.
County-wide Read Aloud Reading Room
Choose a Book From the Shelf and Join In!
Massanutten Regional Library Student Access Card Page
At Massanutten Regional Library we can find lots of good Ebooks, Audiobooks and other things to read online,
and that's just the beginning!
Use your Student Access Card number (SAC), ALL PENCE STUDENTS HAVE ONE!
It begins with 7 0 0 2 1 1 0 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ followed by your student ID number (NO SPACES)
Remember Our Free Lending Library
Located on the front porch of PENCE! We will be keeping it well supplied!
And, it's available 24/7!
If you choose a book from the FREE LENDING LIBRARY, we recommend you quarantine it for 4 days before you use it, per CDC guidelines.
Qualify to vote for VRC 2020-2021 by reading at least 4 of these nominees!
Virginia Readers' Choice Middle School Nominees
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- The Benefits of Being an Octopus by Ann Braden
- It’s Trevor Noah: Born a Crime: Stories from a South African (Adapted for Young Readers) by Trevor Noah
- The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart
- Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- Deep Water by Watt Key
- Breakout by Kate Messner
- Game Changer by Tommy Greenwald
- The Bridge Home by Padma Venkatraman
- Resist: 35 Profiles of Ordinary People Who Rose Up Against Tyranny and Injustice by Veronica Chambers